Okay, so typical of me but I’ve started the WEGO Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge a day late……something’s got to change in my life, but that’s another topic. Here goes. On the 1st of April we are supposed to pretend we’re making a time capsule of my health that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?
- My running shoes, because running every morning keeps me sane.
- A bunch of kale, because I eat it every morning with my eggs to start the day off green!
- Glucose tabs, because they keep me from over treating lows.
- Diabetes supplies: pump, meter, test strips & insulin, because I have lived with type 1 diabetes for 26 years (complication free!) and I think I’m probably more healthy as a result.
- A photo of my family because I couldn’t do this alone.
Maybe people would see al this gear and not know what it was because a cure for type 1 diabetes would have finally been discovered! That’s my wish anyway….